The ALMAYUDA FOUNDATION, based in Barcelona, is a private foundation that sponsors projects in the realms of culture, solidarity and the environment around the world.
Without any financial support other than that provided by its founders, the ALMAYUDA FOUNDATION is today active around the entire world in the realms of culture, solidarity and the environment. It continues to grow, relying whenever necessary on experienced and locally well-established partners. Even so, its founders remain involved, making visits to evaluate the impact of each project on its immediate environment.
Their greatest reward comes when they succeed in combining a cultural undertaking with a humanitarian initiative. As, for example, in the Congo, where, together with the Spanish photographer José Ramon Bas, who was supported by the foundation, they proved successful in training street children from the two Congos in a bold artistic project.
The testimony of the founders
“We have chosen to encourage and spur on projects that touch us and motivate us, while involving ourselves personally in them over the long term and as closely as possible. It is our hope that these projects will come together so that artistic creation and social, humanitarian and environmental initiatives will, by complementing and feeding into each other, create moments of happiness that will help to make the world a more humane place. Through these encounters, we would like to make the expertise and financial resources provided by the ALMAYUDA FOUNDATION even more effective.”
Our activity reflects the diversity of and search for the emotions that we feel in our social lives and during our travels.
- To improve access to education and training for disadvantaged groups (women, children and young adults).
- To contribute to programmes in the realms of sustainable development and biodiversity preservation.
- To foster encounters between artists or between artists and those in charge of development organisations as a means to initiate new projects.
- To support contemporary artistic creation by establishing personal ties with artists and by offering them the resources to create and develop their works over time.
- To build bridges between cultural projects and social, humanitarian and environmental initiatives.